We will contact you shortly.
Generally, all goods which are brought in across the customs territory of Ukraine are subject to VAT (20%) and customs duty which depends on the goods type.
But it is possible to bring in across the customs territory of Ukraine without written declaration the following goods which are not subject to customs duties (no more than once within one day):
1) Goods (except ethyl alcohol and other alcohol distillates, alcoholic beverages, beer, tobacco products, tobacco and industrial tobacco substitutes, fuel) which total value is less than 1 000 euros and are imported through the air-to-air access points.
2) Goods which total value does not exceed the equivalent of 500 euros and the total weight of which does not exceed 50 kg and are imported through other than air-to-air access points.
How to bring in alcoholic beverages and tobacco products?
The importation into the customs territory of Ukraine of alcoholic beverages and tobacco products by citizens under 18 years of age is not allowed.
Citizens who have reached the age of 18 may import alcoholic beverages and tobacco products into the customs territory of Ukraine in hand luggage or accompanied luggage without paying customs duties and without written declaration in the following amounts per person:
1) 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 250 grams of tobacco, or these products in sets of a total weight not exceeding 250 grams;
2) 5 liters of beer, 2 liters of wine, 1 liter of spirits (containing more than 22% alcohol) of alcoholic beverages.
Alcoholic beverages and tobacco products, irrespective of their number, shall not be exempted from taxation by customs payments if the person importing them to the customs territory of Ukraine was absent in Ukraine for less than 24 hours.
WHAT PERSONAL BELONGINGS YOU CAN BRING IN AND OUT?
According to the Ukrainian laws, personal belongings can be freely brought in and out across the customs border of Ukraine, at least orally declared and are not subject to taxation.
See the full list here!
1) personal hygiene products and individual cosmetics in an amount that provides the needs of one person for the period of travel;
2) clothes, underclothes, shoes, having a purely personal character and intended solely for their own use. They also need to have signs of wear;
3) personal jewelry, including metals and stones with signs of wear;
5) one camera, one videocam, a camcorder together with a reasonable number of photos, videos, films and accessories;
6) one portable projector with accessories, together with a reasonable number of slides and/or films;
8) portable musical instruments in quantity no more than two;
9) one portable audio device (including tape recorder, voice recorder, CD player, etc.) with a reasonable quantity of films, disks, etc;
10) one portable radio;
11) mobile phones and pagers in quantity no more than two;
12) one portable TV;
13) portable personal computers in quantity no more than two and peripheral equipment and accessories; flash cards in quantity no more than three;
14) one portable typewriter;
15) calculators, electronic books in quantity no more than two;
16) medications for personal use;
17) ordinary and/or walking prams in an amount corresponding to the number of children crossing the border with one person, and in the absence of children — in the amount of no more than one piece;
18) one wheelchair for people with disabilities for each person with a disability crossing the customs border of Ukraine, and in the absence of such person — in the amount of no more than one;
19) medications transported (forwarded) through the customs border of Ukraine in the order and in amount determined by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine;
20) watches in quantity of no more than two;
21) 0.5 liters of edt and/or 100 ml of perfume;
22) sports equipment — bicycle, fishing rod, set of climbing equipment, set of snorkeling equipment, set of skis, set of tennis racquets, surfboard, windsurf, set of golf equipment, and other similar equipment intended for use by one person;
23) special baby food for children suffering from phenylketonuria or other illness requiring special nutrition that is not produced (not sold) in Ukraine, which is moved (forwarded) through the customs border of Ukraine in the order and in quantity determined by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine;
24) other goods intended to provide everyday needs of a person, the list and the maximum number of which are determined by the laws of Ukraine.
If you bring in or out the currency in an amount equal to or more than the equivalent of 10,000 EUR at the official exchange rate established by the National Bank of Ukraine on the day of movement across the customs border of Ukraine the currency shall be subjected to written declaration.
Therefore, it’s convenient to move the currency in the amount of 9,999 EUR.
How to bring in pets?
Pets imported by the citizens into the customs territory of Ukraine shall be subject to written declaration and veterinary checks (veterinary certificates and other documents) pursuant to the law.
GOODS THAT YOU CAN BRING OUT FROM UKRAINE
Ukrainians and foreign citizens can bring out across the customs border of Ukraine goods which total value is less than 10 000 EUR without submitting a written declaration and are not obliged to pay taxes.In the event you plan to bring out specific kinds of goods stipulated by Ukrainian laws (e.x. cattle, oilseed crops) or goods subjected to the customs control which total value is less than 10 000 EUR a written declaration should be issued, and taxes should be paid.If you bring out across the customs border of Ukraine goods which total value is more than 10 000 EUR, they should be declared, and you are obliged to pay taxes pursuant to the law, except the goods indicated below. But some of the goods, which total value exceeds the equivalent of 10,000 EUR, when exported by citizens outside the customs territory of Ukraine, shall be subject to written declaration without paying taxes:• are taken out in connection with the departure from Ukraine of a permanent place of residence;• are part of the inheritance issued in Ukraine in favor of a non-resident citizen, subject to the confirmation of the composition of the inheritance by the notaries;• are temporarily exported by resident citizens outside the customs territory of Ukraine under a written commitment for their reverse importation.