How to get a D Visa in Ukraine?
Starting from 26.06.2019 new rules regulating long-term visas (type “D”) will enter into force.
Under these rules, foreigners from countries that have non-visa regime with Ukraine (listed below) will not have to leave the territory of Ukraine to get a long-term visa (visa D). Read more about D visa here. Since June, 2019 Visa D will be issued at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Department of Consular Service) in Kyiv as well as at the Consulate of Ukraine abroad.
We kindly remind that Visa D is required for those foreigners who plan to get residency in Ukraine. Long-term visa is used for getting temporary and permanent residence permits.
The procedure of getting Visa D simplified only for those foreigners who plan to obtain temporary residence permit in Ukraine on the following grounds:
- participation in the international technical assistance projects;
- employment at representative offices of foreign businesses in Ukraine;
- employment at branches or representative offices of foreign banks;
- implementation of cultural, scientific, educational activities on the grounds and in the manner prescribed by the international agreements of Ukraine or special programs, as well as participation in the international and regional volunteer programs, or activities of voluntary organizations registered in Ukraine;
- in case when foreigner is a founder or participant or beneficiary owner (controller) of a legal entity registered in Ukraine and whose share is not less than 100 thousand euros;
Unfortunately, simplification of procedure does not spread issuance of Visa D on the ground of reunification with family (foreigners who arrive to Ukraine for reunification either with persons who are Ukrainian nationals or foreigners who got temporary residence permit and are legally staying on the territory of Ukraine).
Documents required for visa remain unchanged (could be checked here). For a Long-term visa a work permit, invitation from university, invitation from the state organ that receives international technical assistance are documents, confirming the purpose of the trip.
Visa fee under new rules
To issue a long-term visa without leaving Ukraine a foreigner will have to pay approximately 97 USD (194 USD upon urgent procedure) that is more expensive than issuance in the Consulate of Ukraine abroad (will take 65 USD).
The usual time for visa issuing is 10 business days, upon urgent procedure – 5 business days.
Countries that have non-visa regime with Ukraine:
• Antigua and Barbuda
• Bosnia and Herzegovina
• Brunei Darussalam
• Czech Republic
• Hong Kong
• Republic of Korea
• Saint Kitts and Nevis
• San Marino