How to get D type Visa in Ukraine?
THE NEW RULES ARE NOT BEING APPLIED NOW AND WILL NOT COME INTO FORCE IN THE IMMEDIATE FUTURE.
Under these rules, foreigners from countries that ratified the Visa Waiver Treaties with Ukraine (listed below) will not have to leave the territory of Ukraine to get a long-term visa (D type visa). Read more about the D type visa here. Since June , 2019, D type visa will be issued at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Department of Consular Service) in Kyiv as well as at the Consulate of Ukraine abroad.
We kindly remind that D type visa is required for those foreigners who intend to get residency in Ukraine. A long-term visa is used for getting temporary and permanent residence permits.
The procedure of getting D type visa is simplified only for those foreigners who plan to obtain a temporary residence permit in Ukraine on the following grounds:
- participation in international technical assistance projects;
- employment at representative offices of foreign businesses in Ukraine;
- employment at branches or representative offices of foreign banks;
- implementation of cultural, scientific, educational activities on the grounds and in the manner prescribed by the international agreements of Ukraine or special programs, as well as participation in the international and regional volunteer programs, or activities of voluntary organizations registered in Ukraine;
- in cases when a foreigner is a founder or participant or beneficiary owner (controller) of a legal entity registered in Ukraine and whose share is not less than 100 thousand euros;
Unfortunately, simplification of procedure does not appeal to the issuance of D type visa on the ground of family reunification (foreigners who arrive in Ukraine for reunification either with persons who are Ukrainian nationals or foreigners who’s got a temporary residence permit and are legally staying within the territory of Ukraine).
The list of documents required for visa remains unchanged (more info here). For a Long-term visa – a work permit, an invitation from a university, an invitation from an international NGO are the documents, confirming the purpose of the trip.
Visa fee under new rules
To issue a long-term visa without leaving Ukraine, a foreigner shall pay approximately 97 USD within regular service (194 USD within expedited service) that is more expensive than issuance in the Consulate of Ukraine abroad (within regular service — 65 USD).
Visa processing time
Up to 10 working days from the day of application within regular service. Up to 5 working days from the day of application within expedited service.
Countries that ratified the Visa Waiver Treaties with Ukraine::
• Albania• Andorra• Antigua and Barbuda• Argentina• Austria• Belgium;• Bosnia and Herzegovina• Brazil• Brunei Darussalam• Bulgaria• Canada• Chile• Croatia• Cyprus• Czech Republic• Denmark• Estonia• Finland• France• Germany• Greece• Hong Kong• Hungary• Iceland• Ireland• Israel• Italy• Japan• Kazakhstan• Latvia• Lichtenstein• Lithuania• Luxemburg• Macedonia• Malta• Monaco• Montenegro• Netherlands• Norway• Panama• Paraguay• Poland• Portugal• Qatar• Republic of Korea• Romania• Saint Kitts and Nevis• San Marino• Serbia• Slovakia• Slovenia• Spain• Sweden• Switzerland• Tajikistan• Turkey• UAE• UK• USA